Every year, Frieze hosts two important art fairs side by side in Regent’s Park, London; Frieze London which showcases the best of contemporary art, and Frieze Masters which specialises in art from the past.
This year the events take place from October 3rd-6th, and feature forward-thinking works from more than 150 of the world’s top contemporary galleries, together with showcases of art history throughout exhibitions by more than 100 leading international galleries, including ancient works, Old Masters’ paintings and displays from the modern era.
Frieze Masters and Frieze London catalyze a festival of culture across the city, with the city’s world-class museums hosting special events and major exhibitions. Highlights of Frieze Week 2019 include:
- Rembrandt’s Light at Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Gauguin Portraits at The National Gallery
- Elizabeth Peyton at the National Portrait Gallery
- Anna Maria Maiolino at Whitechapel Gallery
- Kara Walker: Hyundai Turbine Commission at Tate Modern
- Antony Gormley at the Royal Academy of Arts
- Danh Vo at South London Gallery
- Tony Cokes at Goldsmith Centre for Contemporary Art
- Nara: sacred images from early Japan at the British Museum
- Forgotten Masterpieces of Indian Painting from East India at the Wallace Collection
- Thursday Private View, 5-8pm: Attend Frieze London Private View from 5-8pm. Frieze London Private View Passes do not include admission to Frieze Masters.
- Frieze London + Frieze Masters Combined Ticket: Visit both Frieze London and Frieze Masters on the same day for the special price of £60*.
- Thursday Preview Ticket + Frieze Academy Art and Architecture Fashion Summit: Attend the preview day for both Frieze Masters and Frieze London and receive a complimentary copy of frieze magazine in a limited-edition tote bag. In addition, get a discounted ticket to Frieze Academy’s Art and Architecture Summit on 4 October.
- One Day: Access to either Frieze London or Frieze Masters on the selected day.
- One Day + frieze magazine: With your ticket, receive a copy of frieze magazine at a 50% discount. Pick up onsite in the Reading Room.
- Timed entry (Frieze London Saturday & Sunday): Entry tickets to Frieze London over the weekend will be timed. Tickets are available for entry at 12-2pm and at 3pm.
- Friday Afterwork 5-7pm: Visit between 5-7pm on Friday 4 October at a discounted rate.
- Students: Full-time students with a current NUS/ISIC card. Valid ID required for entry.
- Children (2-18y): All children aged 2 to 18 years old must present a child ticket to gain entry to the fair. Young children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children aged 12 and under must also collect a safety wristband from the ticket office to gain entry.
- Babes in arms (0-2y): Babes in arms are admitted free of charge. To gain entry, please make sure you add a babes in arms complimentary ticket to your order.
Accessibility: Frieze London is fully accessible to people with reduced mobility. Companions/carers tickets are avaalable free of charge. To book, please call SEE Tickets on 0871 230 3452 (UK) (calls cost 13p/min from a BT landline plus standard network charges), or +44 (0)115 896 3082 (International).
Bag Restrictions: Due to changes in security procedure large bags will not be permitted into the event. Please do not bring suitcases, folding bicycles, scooters or any large items bigger than a handbag or laptop bag. A very limited bag drop facility will incur a £5 charge and proceeds will be donated to a charity. Coats and umbrellas can be checked free of charge.
More information here: https://frieze.com